Friday, April 5, 2013

We Do Controls

A blog about controls, electronics and engineering.

I have been always dreaming about incorporating a number projects into my classes (I'm a professor of Mechanical Engineering in Puerto Rico). Most involve a bit of electronics, automation and controls to engineering projects.


Given enough budget, you can buy the laboratory of your dreams. Certainly, we could keep dreaming forever. 

So, along the years I found bits of what I would like in order to improve my classes. It also helps to break the barrier when thinking about challenging projects when you discover at the end that there is no need for a large budget. However, you need to learn the tools of the trade. Part of this blog is my personal crusade.

I'll be posting information for others in case they find it relevant. I hope to keep this blog as up-to-date as possible.

I will start with PLCs and hope to be moving into Arduino, control projects, robotics and mechatronics.

Hope you enjoy it!




Un blog acerca de controles, electrónica e ingeniería.

Siempre he soñado acerca de incorporar un número de proyectos en mis clases (soy profesor de Ingeniería Mecánica en Puerto Rico). La mayoría involucran un poco de  electrónica, automatización y controles en proyectos de ingeniería.

Con suficiente presupuesto, se puede comprar un laboratorio de ensueño. Pero no podemos seguir soñando para siempre. 

A lo largo de los años he encontrado ideas que me gustaría incorporar en mis clases. También ayuda a romper la barrera cuando se piensan en proyectos desafiantes cuando se descubre al final que no es necesario un gran presupuesto. Sin embargo, es necesario aprender las herramientas del oficio. Este blog es parte de mi cruzada personal.

Estaré colocando infomación en caso de que muchos lo encuentren relevante. También espero mantener este blog lo más actualizado posible.

Comenzaré con PLCs y espero moverme hacia Arduino, proyectos de controles, robótica y mecatrónica.

Espero lo disfruten!

No comments:

Post a Comment